“Time flies, she just came into our life’s a few months back and it’s already a year now. She is growing up too fast and her first birthday is knocking at the door. What better than to arrange up for a photo-shoot so that all the fast-flying moments are captured at its best.” This is what most of the parents feel & talk about in this fast-paced world.
Baby photoshoots are the most complex to execute and a great photo session can be the best if we adhere to some beforehand preparations.
- Baby outfits are very crucial. Be smart in picking the baby dresses for the shoots. Book your photographer a month before and block the date so that you are ready to make all the arrangements.
- Don’t forget to speak about a Cake Smash as they are in trend. The photographer too needs to arrange the setup for the same.
- For a baby girl get 2 party frocks that are fluffy and makes your girls look like a princess. Grab colors like Pink, Magenta, Red, White, etc. You can arrange for a few casual frocks that are sober for which you can try shades of blue, pastels, peach, cream, etc. Add some glamour to the baby solo shots by getting smart sun hats, Tiaras, woven umbrellas, etc. You can traditional wear as well.
- For a baby boy, it’s a great idea to order/buy solid shirts in shades of blue, yellow, white, grey, etc. with matching jeans. It’s best to get a suspender with a matching bow and hat that will work magic in the cake smash shoot. Go for a traditional kurta shot as well.
- Make sure you choose dresses that are comfortable.
- Try to fix up the shoot slot basis the baby’s schedule. It’s best to start the shoot after the baby’s afternoon nap.
- Be Quick is the mantra for baby shoots since babies get tried in just 2 -3 hrs. As a parent, you should be quick and reactive to the photographer’s direction and coordination.
- Try scrolling for a few sample pictures from portals like Pinterest for the family shots.
- Don’t forget to carry a few baby toys after a discussion with your photographer. This is to engage and distract the baby.
- Prepare a baby bag in the morning or the day before with all the essentials.
- A big no to black tikkas and kajal for babies on the shoot day.
- Be generous to the baby on the shoot day, try not to annoy the baby in any way.
- Be color-coordinated for few family shots
- Try to get the shoot done before the mundan ☺
Speak to the photographer for few themes and set up like baking set up, night set up, cake smash, painting set up, etc